Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Small Weddings

Why do a small wedding? Isn't it better to just save all that money? Even small, very low budget weddings (under 50 guests)can run you well over $10,000.

Most couples tell me that they spent the money (or had the parents spend it) to create memories, to have a special "marker" of one day that will never be repeated.

I see it this way: once you choose to do it, you are committed. There are cost overrruns, like last minute extra flower/extra hors d'oeuvres decisions that suddenly add another $500 to your budget. But it all fades quickly as you let go the closer you get to the big day.

If you want to keep it low budget, start by listing your priorities. If you (the bride) know how beautiful you are, even in a vintage dress under $300, save yourself the added expense of a designer gown that you'll never wear again. I have more tips, but I'll post them as we go. Let me know your cost-cutting ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment