Thursday, January 17, 2008

The subject of blogging

Blogging presents a dilemma for me. I have read the blogs of other officiants, some of whom I know and respect personally, and I see an orientation towards marketing oneself. Some do this in a balanced way, slipping in advice (tips) and other similar material, but either touting specific clients or selling themselves, and not necessarily dealing with some of the larger issues.

Perhaps it comes from a long career in process practices (setting in motion personal development activities ending in achievement of clarity or generating motivation---as a career counselor, or direct intervention in completing objectives---as a writing educator).

So I like to discuss at length the do's and don'ts of wedding ceremonies. Discuss is not what's happening here yet, as I have no comments to date, but that will come as I learn how to gain visibility through advertising or other means. In any event, that's my dilemma: opening up the subject of wedding ceremony, which may be too immediate and not worthy of a blog discussion or may be more compelling than I know. I'm seeking to make the connection and for now I assume it will come with persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment