Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Morning After

Well, yesterday I spoke of let down for couples. Today it's let down for officiants. I'm pooped. It was a lovely event, full of joy and tender emotion, but a long two and a quarter hour drive to the venue and by the time dinner was over I was spent.

This is like a Broadway show for all those who invest in the flow, the precision, the best possible outcome for all the hard work. Wedding professionals have let down as well. I sometimes forget how part of my professional fee includes unwavering devotion to the event, the watchfulness over details not under my list of responsibility. Mostly this entails very little, as there are loving family members tuned in to make sure no one gets run over in the traffic. But nonetheless, the vigilance is there and when it's over, there's relief.

So, I'm taking a break, going fishing for a few days in Maine. Back on Tuesday, (21st).

No comments:

Post a Comment