Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spontaneous Ceremony

I got a call today from a bride planning a wedding next summer. She asked if I had experience doing spontaneous ceremonies. I admitted I didn't, thinking she was referring to the weddings that are sometimes pulled as surprises to the guests. What this young woman wanted was something else. She doesn't want to walk down an aisle and she will have no attendants, so she's looking for a gathering around herself and her groom for the ceremony to begin. This is what she calls spontaneous. This kind of spontaneity I have done.

But the other kind would be a hoot. There are stories of couples who invite a number of friends to a New Year's party and instead of counting down to midnight for the usual festivities, they get married at midnight and the assembled party goers are in fact wedding guests.

Do you have any spontaneous stories? Email me at eq2@att.net. I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment